Digital pianos have made many advances in recent years in their portability, reasonable cost and some advance features that are more developed than an acoustic piano. According to musical experts, digital pianos are ideal options for beginners. How to choose a perfect one for beginners, however, is a daunting task due to the fact that there are too many different brands and models of digital piano available in the market that may make you confused.
In another way, there is a long list of specific requirements you should keep in mind when purchasing a digital piano suitable for learners. Here we share some guidelines to help you pick out the best one.
The first thing you should do is picturing your ideal digital piano in your mind.The more specific you sketch it,the closer you get the right one. We list out here some basic things you should mention when considering purchasing a digital piano:
– Make out your purpose when learning play piano. You learn this art to sacrifice your passionate or to become an expert piano player or a music producer? The different purpose will absolutely bring you in different choice: A digital piano for home use or those designed for stage or studio.
– Choose the one having size fit in your space.
– Don’t forget to think about the expense. How much money will you willing to spend on it?
– Decide what brand you want.
After picturing your ideal digital piano, let’s take a closer look to the details of the product. This is an important step to check the qualify the piano.
– Polyphony : It is the number of individual notes or tone the digital piano can produce at one. The beginners can have 32 – note maximum polyphony while 128 – note is typically best. The highest quality electronic pianos deliver 128-note or 264-note polyphony.
– Keyboard: The number of keyboards suitable for beginners is 88 keys,the standard number of all piano. Another factor is touch. The best digital pianos are capable of feeling subtle differences in that determine the attack and volume of each note. Mediocre digital pianos have volume level switches, which are a giveaway that they don’t have real velocity-sensitivity.
– Sound quality : The sound of digital piano basically depends on the samples used to create their sound and the quality of the amplifiers and speaker. When considering buying a digital piano, piano beginners should pay more attention to the sustain and decay of the notes as well as the overall realism of the sounds.
– Number of sounds : Some top digital pianos have a lot of sounds.However,you’ll likely find yourself sticking to the more basic piano sounds. More sounds don’t mean higher quality. That’s what new players can ignore this factor when choosing a digital piano.
– Learning tools: Some top digital piano models provide several useful learning tools for beginners such as : displays which show the chords being played or various lighting schemes that help beginners pick out melodies and chords,… Learners should look for these types of digital piano to make the most of helpful features.
We also introduce the top 3 digital pianos that are perfect for the learner
– Yamaha P115: It has 88-keys weighted grade hammer action..Yamaha P115 has a great speaker compared to other portables so Yamaha P115 is the embodiment of a portable model that musicians and school teachers use in order to play outdoors.Yamaha P115 has 4 more rhythm types and will be capable of using the variety of downloadable software and smartphone apps provided by Yamaha. Yamaha P115 also has smaller speaker but Yamaha P115 performs unique clear sound of Yamaha.
– Casio Privia PX160 : This piano is delivered with an improved look and includes notable upgrades the quality of sound and effects. The giant sound system with Casio’s unique AiR sound source, you can give an amazing performance full of expressions . Double headphone makes it be easier for beginners to learn and practice with their teacher. Splitting of the keyboard is another ideal feature for students and teachers to play and practice together. This piano can be used with Windows and MAC computer systems with a USB. Users can control functions of your piano with their iPad or iPhone without downloading drivers.
– Yamaha P45 : The Yamaha P45 is another choice for new players by Yamaha. Providing Yamaha’s Graded Hammer Action weighted Keys makes practicing on this Yamaha would make you feel like playing a grand one. Sampling of sound with it is sensational with Yamaha’s Advanced Wave Memory Stereo sampling. You create subtle sound waves with this one when comparing with other models.Learner can experience Dual Mode which makes interesting piano and strings voices. Beginners can satisfied the USB to Host Port with the help of which you can connect this digital piano to different devices for practice and learning purpose. Moreover, its easy single button operation makes it a perfect choice for beginners.
Having a proper piano is the first step to be skilled at this art. No matter who you are, a beginner or an expert pianist, you deserve to have the best digital piano for beginners. As long as you know what you need, you will find the one that perfect match to you.